Re: gEDA-user: PCB Netlist?

   On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 7:37 AM, John Doty <[1]jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Chris Maness wrote:
   > is there a utility for converting a regular _cleaned
   >   up_  (commands removed) spice netlist?

     I don't think so. I don't think any PCB users use LTSpice for
     schematic capture: most apparently use gschem. And some use gschem
     to capture schematics for LTSpice, see
     [2]http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/intro.html.
     That said, it wouldn't be hard to do SPICE->pcb: maybe a page or two
     of AWK or Perl. Most of the SPICE syntax problems can be ignored in
     this narrow application. Why don't you write it and contribute it?
     [3]http://www.noqsi.com/
     [4]jpd@xxxxxxxxx

   Yes, Perl is the right script language for the job, but I only know
   bash.  I foresee an issue with the pin numbers, as I don't think spice
   netlists handles pin numbers in an analogues way, but I am not sure as
   I am a spice n00b.
   I really like LTSpice for schematic capture, it is very intuitive and
   fast for me.  TinyCAD is kind of nice too, but LT's is very easy and
   fast.  Gschem does not seem to be in mac ports.  I saw it listed as a
   fink package, but I don't like fink at all.  I am running PCB under
   wine (works great) because the mac ports version was buggy.  I
   installed gschem on FreeBSD server to play with it, but I like LTSpice
   a little better at this point.
   I like PCB better than all of the other PCB CAD packages out there.
   Very powerful, and it does not have a real steep curve just to get up
   and running.
   Thanks,
   Chris Maness