gEDA-user: Filled / unfilled paths [WAS: Re: hydraulic symbols and schematics]

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 13:02 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> I don't think vanilla gschem currently supports filled regions.  But
> this is a frequently requested feature, and the folks in Cambridge may
> have coded up a solution based upon the whizzy graphic work they have
> done.

No, it does (since 1.6.0)... (kindof). You will have to work a little to
get them though, as there is no built in GUI way to create them yet. You
can code them into your symbols from a text editor though.. (not as hard
as it sounds.

Look up the PATH object syntax and you can seed some objects to copy
+paste into your symbols.

http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec#path
http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec#path_data

For example, you could open up one of our existing NPN / PNP transistor
symbols (which use a quadrilateral filled path to make the arrow on the
transistor). You can copy+paste that element into your own symbols..

One you can recognise the path object in the file, you can add / remove
vertices (don't forget to update the line-count on the path header
line).

Once you have the number / order of line segments and curves you want,
you can edit the exact node / control point positions within gschem the
same way as for any line.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton