Re: gEDA-user: Filled / unfilled paths [WAS: Re: hydraulic symbols and schematics]

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 13:02 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
>
> Look up the PATH object syntax and you can seed some objects to copy
> +paste into your symbols.
>
> http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec#path
> http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec#path_data

Thanks.  This was easy.  Here's an example of the sym code for a hydraulic pump:

v 20100214 2
V 300 500 300 3 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
P 300 0 300 200 1 0 0
P 300 1000 300 800 1 0 0
H 3 1 0 0 -1 -1 1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 3
M 300,800
l 100,-137
l -200,0

Here's a screenshot of the updated library:

http://tomahawkins.org/hydraulics.png

I have a minor feature request for gschem: Draw the path fills when
dragging the symbols around.  It's a bit weird to have the symbol
appearance change when moving it from one place to another.  BTW, the
path fills work fine when moving the entire page.

Other than that, everything works great.  Thanks!

-Tom