gEDA-user: symbol edit->translate working strangely

I've created some symbols with non-zero width outlines  using line elements of width 40.
edit->translate(0) seems to get confused, and offsets the symbol so the pins don't line up on 100 unit grid.
edit->translate with independent x,y values seems to by broken.

How can I fix this, short of writing a script to translate the X/Y coordinates?  (And no, I'm not going back to zero-width boxes.  Wide lines are too pretty.)

-dave