Re: gEDA-user: complete project sample?

On Apr 10, 2010, at 8:11 PM, John Luciani wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 9:48 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I got microsd working.  Next time, though, I'm putting a P-MOSFET
>> on the power line so I can software power cycle it.
>> http://www.delorie.com/tmp/microsd.c
>
> Excellent. Thanks!!! I will give this a try tomorrow.
>
> I made the same omission of P-MOSFET omission on my board too ;)

I've got a couple of projects that use uSD, both ARM and dsPIC and never needed power cycling. I'm using someone else's libraries for the SD card though. FWIW, I only read the card after power-up and don't hot-swap them so that might be a big factor.

http://members.cox.net/ebrombaugh1/synth/armfpga/index.html

http://members.cox.net/ebrombaugh1/synth/dsPIC_fpga/index.html

Eric