Re: gEDA-user: complete project sample?

Here is another free open hardware project I found
where the author gives permission to use it for learning and for its
library parts.  I noticed how Brad Jarvis had used make files to
automate his project in a way that was generic enough that it can serve as
a  template for a new project with a little rearranging and that's what I did.
The result is at the link below and by just untar-ing this, then cd
to the directory in it called ./ebike/hardware/mc  and typing make
you get the default action which is to open any .sch file in that dir with gschem.

This example shows you that when you do that, you get a whole new library
included with the tarball project dirs that you did not have available before.

Brad's makefiles are not hard to read,
(with a little help from http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/).

I think this might be a project template that is useful to many.

Here is where you can get a copy and look it over
and try it out.              http://cottagematic.com/examples/

If you want the libraries for pcb to include the ones in the tarball
you can add a line to ~/.pcb/preferences like:
library-newlib = /home/username/yourprojects/ebike/hardware/lib/pcb/pi

I wish there was a pcbrc file or if pcb would use the gafrc file to
look for elements, footprints in a specified directory relative to where you start pcb.

When you run gsch2pcb it can use a project file, so maybe there is a command line way
to start pcb so it will also use a local project file that defines where pcb footprints
can be found.

Know of a way to kludge that?

John Griessen
--