Re: gEDA-user: Matching footprints with symbols

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 11:57 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> You may try including this line "skip-m4" in your project.txt file to
> ignore m4 files and problems with minus sign in footprint file names.
> This works, because recent PCB program has copies of all old m4
> footprints in newlib format. But it works not perfect, there is some
> trouble with naming of footprint files. So it may be better to rename
> your files, replacing the "-".

Ahh -- in your schematic you have footprint names like

footprint=RADIAL_CAN 200

with spaces in name, I think this is calling the m4 macro processor.
So "skip-m4" will not work! But at the same time you are using
pcb-symbols-jcl_2008-4-25 and your own containing the problematic minus
sign in file name.

I think I have to rename all of them, including John Luciani's.