Re: gEDA-user: PCB template?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:18:47 -0400
Jim <jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am designing a couple of boards (if successful more than 2) that
> have the same "form factor".  That is they are the same physical size
> and both (all) have fingers to plug into a card slot on a mother
> board.  So I don't have to worry about registration of the fingers
> each time I come up with a new board, is there a way I can define a
> PCB template that includes the fingers?  That seems like it would be
> hard to do since the fingers are a connector on the schematic and
> wouldn't line up right without some tricks.  The other option might
> be if there were a command line to PCB that I could execute to tell
> it "put pin 1 of conn1 at X, Y".  Or would it be best to have a
> template that has a target in silk to line the fingers up?
>
> I'm open to the simplest solution.

Recently, I started to draw PCB outlines. This is nothing, but a PCB file. I
copy the outline to my project, as pcb_template.pcb.

My makefile system recognizes it, and when gsc2pcb is run, it'll automagically
add the components to the board. The template pcb file is copied to the right
place, and right name, etc.

Here you can browse the templates:

http://git.logonex.eu/?p=library.git;a=tree;f=electronic/outline;hb=HEAD

The only useful stuff is probably the PCB for the 3U subrack Eurocard system.

My Makefile system is available here:

http://git.logonex.eu/?p=svn.git;a=tree;f=pskel;h=b4b690134e55b35ee0882140ff3770225c5228ee;hb=HEAD

and here:

http://git.logonex.eu/?p=svn.git;a=tree;f=scripts4geda;h=28030ab03ab4f2df9dbbe5adb380f5de46cc7c6d;hb=HEAD