Re: gEDA-user: passing parameters to a subckt

On Saturday 24 April 2010, Andrzej wrote:
> Do you have any plans for releasing the new version? If so,
>  what would be its scope. I'm afraid that if it is going to
>  include all the planned features (which are pretty
>  ambitious, I must admit), it will remain a development
>  version forever.

Some programs do remain as development versions forever.
Snapshots are closer to release than CVS.  Sometimes the
difference is just what you call it.

You can download the development version:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-12-07.tar.gz

There are other tarballs with plugins there, which you might
want, including all of the BSIM models including the latest
BSIM4 and SOI.

I guess you could think of it like the stable and unstable
versions of Debian.

What is holding up a stable release now is primarily build and
install issues.  Actually, that has been the holdup for a long
time, but kept getting preempted by new features that active
users asked for.