Re: gEDA-user: Idea/suggestion for improving the gschem GUI

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:25:09 +0000 (UTC)
Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:25:59 +0200, Link wrote:
>
> > [Adding doackable dialogs like Inkscape are] Just something I thought
> > would be nice. So, err, yeah.
>
> Ack. But please don't do away with the separate window paradigm.
> For two screen use, docked dialogs would be a regression.

Agreed here.  Dual monitors are just too useful for this kind of work.  Hell, sometimes I find myself wanting a third monitor, and I don't even do anything all that complex. I just wish sometimes that I could place the schematic on one, PCB on another as now, and put things like a terminal to run gsch2pcb and such, tool/library dialogs, etc. on the third.

Trying to cram all that into one screen is just.... stifling.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."