Re: gEDA-user: spice libs ( a little puzzled)

     What you consider "common circuit elements" are undoubtedly
     different from
     > what I commonly use. That's how it goes. You have to build your
     own library,
     > just like I had to when I was using Pspice back in the '90s.

     Which is precisely the problem. This isn't the 90s. I grew up on BBC
     microcomputers. Do I feel nostalgic about the things I used to be
     able to do
     with those beauties ? Yes. Do I think that the associated workflow
     with them
     was superior to the workflow today (even with something as
     unreliable as
     Windows) ? Not a chance.

   My first spice deck was really a deck. Hammered out on an IBM 026
   keypunch
   machine.
   The whole point of Open Source is that everybody doesn't have to
   reinvent the
   wheel.  You  spend time building a really nice and usable library then
   you make
   it available for everybody to use.
   Somebody will add some new components and someone else will add some
   nice support scripts and everybody benefits
   John Eaton