Re: gEDA-user: spice libs ( a little puzzled)

On Apr 28, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Ouabache Designworks wrote:

> The whole point of Open Source is that everybody doesn't have to
>   reinvent the
>   wheel.  You  spend time building a really nice and usable library then
>   you make
>   it available for everybody to use.
>   Somebody will add some new components and someone else will add some
>   nice support scripts and everybody benefits

There's a special difficulty with SPICE libraries. I cannot make my private SPICE library available because the license terms of many of the manufacturers' models contained in it forbid redistribution. This isn't a problem that can be fixed easily.

I did (at Kai-Martin's request) put some simple, generic opamp models in my area at gedasymbols.org.

I *have* (at gedasymbols.org) published part of my collection of gEDA symbols matching Professor Ikeda's OpenIP VLSI design library (more to come), but at the moment you'll have to grab the models from his site (research.kek.jp/people/ikeda/openIP/). I have his permission to collect and publish the models under the GPL, but haven't gotten "a round tuit".

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx