Re: gEDA-user: spice libs ( a little puzzled)

There's a special difficulty with SPICE libraries. I cannot make my private SPICE library available because the license terms of many of the manufacturers' models contained in it forbid redistribution. This isn't a problem that can be fixed easily.
For these cases a database can cite the model instead of providing it. Once the user has downloaded his personal copy (supported by a tool/script?), the citation gets exchanged to a pointer to the real thing. With web 2.0 this will get even more complicated since one will land at an advertising page and the description how to find the meat changes every month. Session contexts insure, that noone bypasses the registration and the permanent shifting of stuff insures you see the adds.