Re: gEDA-user: A little puzzled about the purpose of gschem

On Apr 29, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>  What should I replace
>> the obsolete OP220 with?
>
> What was it trying to do?  That will have a heavy bearing on the replacement
> choice.

Mainly not waste too much power ;-)

I used these for a variety of low power, low speed, moderately high voltage purposes. For example:

Translating CMOS DAC outputs to higher and/or bipolar ranges.

Buffering DC test points and temperature sensors.

Thermal control loops.

One advantage was that R&QA was reasonably happy with this choice, partly because it was available in a brittle ceramic package that was supposedly more reliable than plastic.

I'm tentatively going with LT1078 for new designs. We'll see how loudly R&QA complains...

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx