Re: gEDA-user: US Distributor for Balloon Board

Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 3/27/11 6:05 AM, Stephan Boettcher wrote:
>> I am designing a lot of boards with an LPC2141 ARM7, Altera 3c25, USB
>> client, RS232, SPI, uSD.  No ram, no Linux, just the builtin flash and
>> RAM of the ARM and FPGA, and 1MByte SPI flash. The frontend is fitted
>> with a variable number of ADCs of various types.
>>
>> It is optimized for precision analog measurements.  The FPGA and the ARM
>> live on differnt ground planes, with LVDS-IO between, to isolate the
>> noisy digital world (computer) from the frontend.  This board is
>> sandwiched between a power regulator board and a preamplifier board.
>> The inputs to the preamps are usially quoted in pA or fC, that is just a
>> few electrons.
>>
>> I don't think this is what you asked for, but, if that comes close to
>> what you need, and are ready to do your board yourself, I will share my
>> design to work from.  Most work is in the software/firmware.
>
>   That sounds like a very powerful platform for general metrology
> applications.  I'd love to get my hands on one of those boards.  If
> you decide to publish the info or sell any boards, please let me know!

Well, I design a new board for every problem, because each problem
requires it's special frontend, like

 ==  18 * AD7276, 3 MSPS, 12bit, each with a shaper AD8005
 ==  2 * AD9251, 4 channels, 80MSPS, 14 bit, with AD8138 preamps.
 ==  9 * AD7690, 9 channels, 400 kSPS, 18 bit, with AD8131 preamps.
 ==  1 * AD9649, and LVDS IO, to test variuos ASICS.
 ==  0 * ADC, but an SRAM, to test/emulate interfaces with downstream systems.

The backend, ARM, FPGA is always the same, as is the ARM firmware, and a
good part of the FPGA code.

So, no boards, but I may put the design online when I find the time to
package it.

--
Stephan