Re: gEDA-user: OFF: capacitors for RF power amplifier

And one more note.

On Apr 11, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Andy Fierman wrote:

> The capacitance vs. voltage of the X7R dielectric is not very good.
> NP0/COG are usually specified for precision timing and filter
> applications.
>
> NP0/COG also have a much lower temperature coefficient.

NPO/C0G is a temperature coefficient spec. Usually, a low temperature coefficient ceramic will also have low dielectric hysteresis. However, I have encountered exceptions. It's preferable to use capacitors where the manufacturer's data sheet gives a limit on hysteresis. A common spec for a "good" capacitor is <0.1% hysteresis.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx