Re: gEDA-user: OFF: capacitors for RF power amplifier

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 04:55:15PM +0200, Kovacs Levente wrote:

> I am selecting capacitors for the low pass harmonic filter bank at the output.
> My question is what kind of capacitors should I use? I apply not more then
> 100V of say 30MHz maximum.

The classic cap in this application is silver mica.  High voltage
capacity, super tolerance compared to other types (to 0.25%! but commonly
1% or 2%).  The only ones I have are enormous bulky things with "dot"
style marking.  A quick search on Mouser turns up only SMT ones...

> My best bet is to use X7R capacitors with as much DC voltage rating as I can
> get. I don't know if there's any connection between the DC and AC losses.

Not X7R.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>