Re: gEDA-user: PCB gcode generation

On 04/26/2011 02:26 PM, Mikey Sklar wrote:
Is there a way to break up the drill file so that I can switch bits?
I'm getting by with using one bit for all vias, but it is not
ideal.

I've not used the Gcode export yet, but this sounds like something you can postprocess.
grep or sed on the drill file should get you the separation you want...

Nope.  I ran export and it gives 387 G81 lines where I get a fab drawing
with three different sizes totalling 387 holes on one of mine...

- I'm struggling with cut lines. Specifically, cutting out the mounting holes and the circuit board edges. It would great if there
was a way to select specific traces or vias for different mill-depths. Even better if I could control the order in which the cuts
are made so I don't have a circuit board that has been cut free from it's clamping before the mount holes were cut.

When I export Gcodes, I get a file, tek_7k_flex.gcode.outline.cnc that seems to be
only about the outline, I get a sequence of 389 polygons that start and stop near eachother.
Nothing is mentioned about the cutter size, but I guess they overlap so as to cut out the outline
along the centerline of the outline trace.  (My outline was defined by a layer called outline
holding just a 10 mil wide trace, the center of which was the desired board edge.)

tek_7k_flex.gcode.front.cnc contained 465 polygons, so it was different...

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX