gEDA-user: How to identify a refdes' owner in gSchem

   After entering a schematic and autonumbering it I have what seems to be
   an extra refdes text in the schematic that doesn't have a symbol that
   it goes with.  I suspect it is from another symbol that I deleted that
   the refdes might have been separated while dragging and dropping
   components but I would have thought the refdes would have been deleted
   along with the symbol.  I have 8 ICs in a small design and the extra
   refdes is U9.  When I click on every symbol the refdes never turns
   orange.  Is there a way I can find out what symbol owns that refdes?
   Also, it is just a one page schematic.