Re: gEDA-user: Symbol libraries &c

Hi,

[snip]
>1. How do the symbol libraries get compiled? I've had to generate a
>couple of symbols immediately (PIC 16F873, ULN2803 if anyone's
>interested) and I'd like to know where to email the files once I'm
>happy with them.

	Usually you can e-mail them either to the mailing list
(the prefered way) or you can e-mail them directly to me.
If you e-mail them to the mailing list, then there are other people
who can pick them up and those with CVS access may commit them before
I get a chance.

>2. If I put rcs tags in a .sym or .sch file, will they stay there?

	That depends on how you add them.  There is not concept of
comments in the file format, however if you put the tags in a
text item (and then hide it via: Attributes/Toggle Visibility) then
the tags will be there forever.

Here's a sample text item which is hidden:

T 59100 60800 5 10 0 0 0 0
RCS tag here...

	If you want to be clever down the line, make the text item
in the form of an attribute (name=value) and then maybe a backend
(if modified) will be able to pick these attributes up and use
them in the netlist (if that is something you wish todo).

>3. Who do I report bugs in existing symbols to? EG the MAX-202 is at
>the wrong scale compared to everything else?

	Just send the reports to the mailing list, and they will get
put on my todo list.  It is faster though to submit a bug report
(particularly true of symbols) and the fixed symbol.  That speeds
things up considerably.

								-Ales