gEDA-user: interface beteen gschem2pcb and pcb

Hi guys,

Been using pcb-1.7.2 a lot today. Generating some footprints. Run
into a small problem that I *think* I've got a fix for.

gschem2pcb suggests (in the comments near the start) changing the
pcb file common.m4 so all the include(fred.inc)'s turn into
include(/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4/fred.inc) so it can find them.

This *really* breaks pcb's install process.

If you modify common.m4 in the pcb source tree like this, then
modify (say) fred.inc in the pcb source tree, make builds pcblib
from the files in /usr...m4/, rather than those in the source tree.
Then make install changes the files in /usr...m4/. Only _then_ does
make build the correct pcblib, and Bob help you if you have a parse
error in your m4 files.

Looking at the file /usr/share/gEDA/scheme/gnet-PCBboard.scm, it
invokes m4 with the full path to common.m4, but no include path set.
Would it be possible to add
 "-I" *m4-pcbdir*

to the filename generation line (open-output-pipe (string-append
" m4" ... ? I tried it, it seems to work ...

cheers,Rich.

--
Rich Walker: rw@shadow.org.uk (Shadow Robot Project)
http://www.shadow.org.uk        251 Liverpool Road