Re: gEDA-user: Save/Restart Features in Verilog 2001?

I am referring to Section C.8 of IEEE Std 1364-2001:

"C.8 $save, $restart, and $incsave Three system tasks $save, $restart, and
$incsave work in conjunction with one another to save the complete state
of simulation into a permanent file such that the simulation state can be
reloaded at a later time and processing can continue where it left off."

However, I see that annex is prefaced with "The system tasks and functions
described in this annex are for informative purposes only and are not part
of the IEEE standard Verilog HDL."

I guess I am unclear how all the save/restart VPI pieces
(vpi_get_data()/vpi_put_data(), cbStartOfSave/cbEndOfSave,
cbStartOfRestart/cdEndOfRestart) listed in that document work if there is
no officially defined $start/$restart system tasks to activate those
functions.

	Thanks.
	Paul