Re: gEDA-user: Save/Restart Features in Verilog 2001?

phartke@Stanford.EDU said:
> However, I see that annex is prefaced with "The system tasks and
> functions described in this annex are for informative purposes only
> and are not part of the IEEE standard Verilog HDL."

Ah, I missed that whole section:-)

Still, $save/$incsave/$restart are pretty unlikely to be addressed
by me unless there is a pretty major clamor over it. I have other
more pressing issues to deal with.

Independent of the standard, checkpoints would need to contain the
state of all the running threads, the state and structure of
all the netlist functors, and the contents of the event queue.
This is theoretically quite possible. The threads would in fact be
easy to checkpoint. The hard part would be the functors of the netlist.
Functors would be tricky because they form a rather complex web of data
structures.

The states of PLI applications, however, are completely out of
reach of the simulation engine, and *that* glitch would sink most
ships.

phartke@Stanford.EDU said:
> cbStartOfSave/cbEndOfSave, cbStartOfRestart/cdEndOfRestart
These are also described as "feature" callbacks, and are optional.

steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,

abuse@xo.com
uce@ftc.gov