RE: gEDA-user: background color and PNG out

My personel preference is to work with a black background
on a screen. The problem is that my main usage for gscheme
is to produce output that is either printed or inserted into
documents or both. In some cases I wind up printing a blacked
out page with colored lines.

My only suggestion would be to have seperate color maps for each
output device. For example a color number of "2" could be mapped
to green for the sceen, Black for the postscript printer and green
for the PNG output. That way you could have a white line on a
black screen and still be able to see it if printed on a white
sheet of paper.

Twenty years ago the only thing a schematic capture system had to
do was get it's output to a plotter. Now it's more important to
get graphical output combined into documents and published on
websites and in pdf files.

John Eaton