RE: gEDA-user: background color and PNG out

Vectors? They made sense when pen plotters used actual pens
and were fun to watch zip back and forth but today everything
is raster graphics. HP doesn't even sell plotters anymore, they
have all been relabeled as Printers and use the same basic
technology in the $50 letter printer as the $20,000 E-size roll
ones. HPGL is about as dead as Latin. Anything else is just going
to have to go through a converter.

The big drivers are digital photos and web graphics. The PNG output
is good, I can now (Thanks Ales) export a PNG file that I can
paste into Word or Visio and from there I can go to PDF or the
web.

BTW: Are PNG outputs limited to screen sizes ( 800x600,640x480..etc)
are can they vary. I would like to place an arbitrary sized frame
on the schematic and have only the frame and everything in it exported.

BTW: fixing the lightbackground problem is done in
C:\Geda\share\gEDA\gschem-lightbg   NOT system-gschemrc

John Eaton