Re: gEDA-user: gschem/gnetlist potentiometers

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 21:29, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Are you using the spice-sdb gnetlist backend?
> 	The above netlisted fine for me (using the geda test backend),
> but when I used the spice-sdb backend, I got the below message.

Yes, I'm using the spice-sdb backend. I also get a few missing
attributes (refdes and pin number) which it does not associate with any
line of the cir file. Here's a simple example - so I can post the whole
.sch file and the output.

pot.sch
-------------------------------
v 20030525
C 74700 51600 1 90 0 resistor-variable-2.sym
{
T 74950 52300 5 10 1 1 180 0
refdes=R1
T 74800 51900 5 10 1 1 0 0
value=10k
}
C 74500 51300 1 0 0 gnd-1.sym
C 74400 52500 1 0 0 5V-plus-1.sym
C 73700 51200 1 90 0 capacitor-1.sym
{
T 74000 51800 5 10 1 1 180 0
refdes=C1
T 74100 51500 5 10 1 1 180 0
value=1uF
}
C 73400 50900 1 0 0 gnd-1.sym
N 73500 52100 74100 52100 4
--------------------------------

%gnetlist -g spice-sdb pot.sch
gEDA/gnetlist version 20030525
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Using SPICE backend by SDB -- Version of 3.31.2003
schematic-type = normal schematic
model-name = chematic
Found capacitor.  Refdes = C1
Found unknown component.  Refdes = R1

It occurred to me that I didn't actually specify the pot setting
anywhere, perhaps it's the missing attribute that's throwing it for a
loop, but I didn't see how to do that.