Re: gEDA-user: Missing generic QFP64 form gEDA PCB library

Dan McMahill wrote:

I agree that expanding the geda library isa very good thing though. Just a question of time to add to it with
very careful checking.

-Dan

I concure. Libraries are critical and lots of cash is dependent on their being correct. A bad pattern can screw up a board costing thousands of dollars.

To me the question is two parts. 1) proper deffinition - is the pattern the right pattern, trace pitch width position etc. and 2) correct; if the pattern is the expected pattern for a part is it correct and thus can the board be built and parts attached. If you get it wrong things are a major pain in the tosh.

Steve M.

Ps. Did I mention issues of programming pick and place machines?