Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!

On Aug 21, 2004, at 1:39 PM, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
Not true. Free software came about in a free society, 1970s era America.
Free software would never have come about in Taliban Afghanistan,
Stalinist Russia, or Hitler's Germany. Absolutely never.

Freedom requires freedom to thrive.
True. And the amazing thing is that it's STILL thriving even in an Ashcroft-era America.

No, you'd be brainwashed into thinking Windows XP is the latest, greatest
thing, and that everyone should be using it. Just like everyone I used
to work with at In-N-Out Burger. "He's some kind of weird geek, because
he uses LINUX! HAHAhaha!" <-- common phrase used to describe me.
I find that simply not associating with "Windows sheeple" has reduced my overall stress level considerably. ;)

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL you pull the zip-tie." -Nadine Miller