Re: gEDA-user: MMTL 1.2.1

On Aug 22, 2004, at 12:55 PM, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
Has anyone succeded in compiling mmtl 1.2.1?
http://mmtl.sourceforge.net/

I tried but it's make stage crashes on a latex error:
(/usr/local/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/upsy.fd)))

! LaTeX Error: File `html.sty' not found.

  You need to install the latex2html package...to get the html.sty
LaTeX stylesheet.

  See http://www.latex2html.org/.
Don't you please know an e-mail to the author? I would like to file a bugreport
that this information should be added into the README. The README doesn't say
anything about this (and it's not possible to derive the name of the package
from the error message).
THe author of MMTL? No, I'd never heard of MMTL before this. The use of the latex2html package is a requirement of MMTL, not of LaTeX.

The requirement for latex2html, which is not a part of any standard TeX/LaTeX distribution that I'm aware of, should definitely be mentioned in MMTL's compilation/installation documentation.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL you pull the zip-tie." -Nadine Miller