Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!

On Sunday 22 August 2004 02:40 am, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
> Where can I buy one piece of this one in Prague? I would be genuinely
> interested :)

You may or may not be able to.  I don't know.  I know I can get them from
http://www.insight-electronics.com

> It doesn't matter - you have to give up on thru-hole on modern CPU's
> anyway :)

It does matter.  Through-hole parts are way easier for a complete
neophyte to solder.

> What theory? They just read the datasheet what the part does and the
> rest is up on their imagination what they construct with it, isn't it?

No.

I have *never* been able to build any kind of analog circuit by relying
on data sheets alone.  I don't know anyone at all who has.  And even
today's digital circuits are becoming increasingly "analog", as their
operating frequencies drives signal rates close to the maximum bandwidth
of a circuit trace, and when dealing with multiple, different voltages
for chips.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II