[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
gEDA-user: PCB sometimes consumes horrible loads of CPU on startup
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: gEDA-user: PCB sometimes consumes horrible loads of CPU on startup
- From: Karel Kulhavý <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:40:11 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:40:37 -0400
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mutt/184.108.40.206i
This is a layout:
It takes 10 seconds to load it with pcb 20040530 on my Athlon 2500+
using the command pcb twister.pcb
This is the same layout saved with different zoom level:
It takes 150 seconds to load on my Athlon 2500+ using the command
pcb consume_cpu.pcb. It's 2 minutes 30 seconds.
X is eating up 165M a 99.6% CPU during that.
After killing the pcb the X memory usage drops down to 48M and 0.3% CPU.