Re: gEDA-user: Spice Question

> Sorry for the somwhat off subject question.

Actually, this topic is directly on-topic for geda-user.

> I am trying to convert some opamp models to spice3 format.  I believe
> they are in spice2 format because of the poly() statement.

I can't offer you advice about converting your SPICE2 netlists to
SPICE3 format.  However, I can point out that most SPICE programs will
simulate SPICE2 netlists just fine.  If you want to use the
gEDA-approved tool, ngspice, just make sure you compile it with the
configure option --enable-xspice set.  That is:

./configure --enable-xspice

Once you do this, then ngspice will hapily read and simulate SPICE2
POLY statements.  Note that the gEDA Suite CD installer does this
automatically, so if you install from the CD distribution, you get
this for free.

If you prefer, LTSpice will also handle POLYs.

Stuart