gEDA-user: Lead Free at home?

With the new European directives for being lead free, and to have products
easy to recycle etc. I was wondering how you where getting ready for it?

What should I be doing for the one-off toaster oven kind of projects I do at
home, to make them lead free?   Obviously I know don't use parts or solder
with lead.  :-)  What are the alternatives for low volume proto work?

I expect to be doing a lot more boards soon, and with more and more parts only
coming in lead free packages, figured it was better to start out being lead
free, rather than deal with switching later.