Re: gEDA-user: Defining parts with REALLY complicated pin labels

Mike Jarabek wrote:

Is this the kind of direction you are thinking about? Are you thinking of something more integrated into gschem?

I was thinking of something more integrated into gschem - some means by which a part definition might contain a script that executes, providing a UI that allows the user to select the pin functions - the script would then set the attributes of the part as needed, and also record the selection within attributes.

Ideally, there would be a means by which a "Generate Code" command could be executed to output register setups - either just #define's that would then be used in startup code, or actual setup code.

It would be really nice for a user to drop a part down, right click on it, select "Configure..." and be able to set things up, and for those set up decisions to be captured in the schematic and to be available for DRC.

Like I said - blue sky dreaming. When I dream, I dream BIG.