Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb newlib problem OSX

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:59:51 -0400
Joe Dunphy <jdunphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with newlib elements created with PCB version
> 20050609.  It seems gsch2pcb doesn't like them.  I get a syntax error
> in PCB at the "Element" line when I open the generated PCB file.  It
> seems like the arguments to the "Element" statement are shifted by
> one.  This occurs even if I save an existing working element with a
> new name using "Save buffer elements to file".

With that PCB version, element flags are changed to quoted text strings and
gsch2pcb version 1.4 doesn't deal with it.  You need to upgrade to
gsch2pcb 1.5 which should be in the just released gEDA/gaf 20050820.
Or you can get a separate gsch2pcb tarball:

    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/billw/gsch2pcb/gsch2pcb-1.5.tar.gz

Bill