Re: gEDA-user: Lead Free at home?

On Monday 22 August 2005 05:49 pm, Dave wrote:

> I'm sorry.  The sulfuric acid spooked me.  Regarding the cool-amp recipe,
> where would you suggest I get the silver nitrate?  Most of the sources I
> find through Google and Froogle have it for roughly the same price as in
> the form of cool-amp.

Well, on ebay at the moment, someone is selling 227 grams (1/2 pound) of
reagent grade silver nitrate. The high bid is $29.95 USD. You can find  99%
ACS certified in the online stores on ebay for around $40.00 per 25 grams
under the "Buy it now" deal.

If you bought the 25 grams and added 50 grams of table salt plus 50 grams
of potassium hydrogen tartrate you would have 125 grams (4.41 ounces) of
of cloned kool amp for a total of about $42.00 USD. The price of kool amp is
$130.00 plus shipping and handling per 4 ounce bottle. This much kool amp
is probably a lifetime supply. OTOH, you could go the 227 gram route and will
it what is left of it to your grand children :)

Best

Marvin