Re: gEDA-user: installation problem

One question:

> 2. I install wxGTK myself (by emerge -U wxGTK (the gentoo way)) and try
> again, no luck, the installer still needs to install wxGTK, ask for
> password and die.

How long did you wait before you decided that the installer had died?

When installing stuff as root, the installer can go for many minutes
at a time without updating the screen.  Please give it 10 or 20
minutes or more before deciding to abort.

Also, the installer wants to see wxGTK version of 2.5.2 or greater.
IIRC, this is because GSpiceUO wants to see wxGTK-2.5.2 or later.
Therefore, if you manually upgrade your wxGTK version, then you won't
get stuck having the install wizard trying to do it.  FWIW,
the wxGTK-2.6.1 source tarball comes on the install CD in the
"SystemPackages" directory.

Stuart