gEDA-user: Building the Xaw version of PCB?

Since building gtk on Cygwin seems to be a hopeless cause for them moment, can
someone give me some insight into getting the current CVS code to build using
the old Xaw or Xaw3d widget set?

./configure --disable-gtk --enable-xaw

The test for -enable-xaw appears to be broken:

checking if X/Xaw should be configured... no
checking if gtk should be configured... no
configure: error: You must enable some gui toolkit (gtk+ or Xaw)

I believe in configure.ac we should have this, rather than what is there now:

AC_ARG_ENABLE([xaw],
[  --enable-xaw            Enable configure detection of Xaw, not complete
yet. [[default: disabled]]],
[
if test "X$enable_xaw" = "Xyes" ; then
	AC_MSG_RESULT([yes *** THIS IS NOT YET SUPPORTED AND PROBABLY WILL NOT
COMPILE ***"])
	gui_xaw="yes"
else

And it does not compile just as the warning says.  So can someone tell me how
to check out from CVS, or what the last snap shot, of a working Xaw version
was?