Re: gEDA-user: PCB footprints

Dave McGuire wrote:
Darrell Harmon wrote:

Has anyone please PCB footprints for
BF988 (MOS tetrode/cascode)
BF998 (SMD MOS tetrode/cascode)
BF998 (SMD MOS tetrode/cascode) with pins in 45deg angle (better

I like these parts. I hope Infineon keeps making them for a long time.

Hmm? Please tell me more, if you have a moment.

Sorry to scare you. I was just commenting that they are a really nice dual gate
mosfet and discrete components seem to get dropped freqently.

You didn't scare me, I was just wondering what you liked about them. I've not used 'em myself...the last dual-gate MOSFET I used was the old 40673.

Out of curiosity, have you ever come across any sort of textbook treatment of dual-gate FETs? I read up on them in some rather old journal articles. Transactions on Consumer Electronics I think, but I can't quite remember. I found it rather amusing that with my ton an a half (literally) of books that they received only about as much text as the electrically tuneable inductor, a component which I think was used far less.

-Dan