Re: gEDA-user: Final call for testers!

On Sunday 28 August 2005 09:16 pm, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Hello --
>
> After some amount of polishing and fixing, I have placed the final
> release candidate version of the gEDA install CD on my website:
>
> http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/
>
> It is the first item in the second list.  The CD version is 20050828.

Installed fine on Suse 9.2 and Suse 9.3.

As an Interesting side note, if I initiate the installer with the python
suffix:

/media/cdrom/installer.py

The script balks and complains with:

marvin@runner:~> /media/cdrom/installer.py
/media/cdrom/installer.py:148: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch
for module time: This Python has API version 1012, module time has version
1011.
import time
/usr/lib/python2.3/string.py:379: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version
mismatchfor module strop: This Python has API version 1012, module strop has
version 1011.
from strop import maketrans, lowercase, uppercase, whitespace
/usr/lib/python2.3/pty.py:9: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for
module select: This Python has API version 1012, module select has version
1011.
from select import select
/usr/lib/python2.3/pty.py:19: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch
formodule termios: This Python has API version 1012, module termios has
version 1011.
import termios
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:39: RuntimeWarning:
Python C API version mismatch for module gobject: This Python has API version
1012, module gobject has version 1011.
import gobject as _gobject
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/media/cdrom/installer.py", line 156, in ?
import gtk
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 43, in ?
from _gtk import *
ImportError: could not import pango

But, if I do not invoke the python suffix and executed the script as:

/media/cdrom/installer

Everything works as advertised. I'm not a python guy But, to the uneducated
not-a-python-programmer eye, it looks like a version missmatch. The only
thing that comes to mind is that SuSE, for whatever reason, installs two
seperate python languages in order to solve dependency issues.

Best

Marvin