gEDA-user: Re: Icarus Verilog for post synthesis simulation

Günter Dannoritzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anybody using Icarus Verilog for post synthesis simulation?

Yes, me, to a degree.

> Is there a way to compile the SIMPRIM library from Xilinx into a library
> file or does that need to be compiled every time again from scratch when
> running the compilation?

Well, with Icarus Verilog there is no format for compiled libraries.
You point it at the simprim directory from Xilinx and away you go.

> Also, does the iSDF plugin support all the primitives generated by
> Xilinx tools?

I don't know. I also don't know the current status of the iSDF
plugin. I don't normally bother with back-annotated timing data
and never feel the need.

I would like to get better specify/SDF support into the base tool
some day, but not today.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,