Re: gEDA-user: gschem keyboard shortcuts "die" occasionally

On Aug 4, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Taylor Jones wrote:

Occasionally, when I'm working with gschem, the keyboard shortcuts suddenly quit working. I haven't been able to notice a pattern or discern a reason. I'm wondering if other people have had this problem and can shed some light? Am I maybe hiting an invalid key on accident and locking up the keyboard shortcut engine? Sometimes I will just live with and it will come back to life after a few minutes (once again, I haven't noticed a pattern) but usually, I just restart gschem. Thanks for any help.

When gschem goes catatonic on me, the usual reason is that I've opened some dialog window and then accidentally covered it. Some dialogs insist on satisfaction before they will allow the main window to function again. Just finding the problem window and closing it fixes the problem.

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx