Re: gEDA-user: SMD soldering challenge status

On 8/4/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Plus, what about solder
mask?  What's ideal?  Or should we make it more challenging (and
perhaps cheaper) by not having one at all?

I vote for having a solder mask.

I'm also figuring score-and-snap to separate the boards.  I can leave
a bigger border if I go to double sided.

Comments?

What if the board actually did something if successfully soldered together? I don't know what this might be since it has to be very cheap... just a thought. In any case, I think a fine pitch QFP would be fun.

- Taylor