Re: gEDA-user: Spice Transmission Line Simulation Question

al davis wrote:
On Monday 07 August 2006 10:01, Dan McMahill wrote:

the manual I looked at said that you specify L/C in H/m and
F/m for the ltra model.  You seem to have specified it in
terms of per foot.  So this is one problem.

That doesn't matter if you are consistent. What matters is total L, total C, etc. The ability to specify per unit length, and length is a convenience.

It didn't look to me like this was an option. As near as I can tell from the model, you specify incremental values and so the denominator does matter or you get the wrong velocity on the line. In fact a quick sim of his netlist confirms that the velocity is way off.

-Dan