Re: gEDA-user: Re: gschem fonts issue on cygwin

Ales Hvezda wrote:

> Craig wrote:
>> Thanks super, Cesar.  Same issue with MingX--I sent you snapshots of both.
>> Note that I'm not pressing the mouse button--the trails just appear.  It's
>> like painting with the mouse.

It is true that a picture is worth a thousand words... (in this case,
however, the pictures were compressed to a bit less than 1MB :-) ).
Anyway, I can see the problem now (but not yet the solution). See below.

> 	I've seen this on some machines, and usually it's an X server
> issue.  Does this happen in other graphical cygwin programs?

I suspected that. This is the reason I asked Craig to install another
free Windows-based X server, but to no avail. They do share the same
codebase, though.

>   gschem doesn't
> do anything unusual when the mouse cursor moves.
>
> 								-Ales

It appears Craig selected a component on the component window first,
then moved the mouse around the page. Normally, the symbol of that
component would follow the mouse. In his case, it is leaving a trail of
partially drawn copies.

Craig:

Did you use the Cygwin-related build instructions on the gEDA wiki pages
( http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:cygwin ) to build your copy of gschem,
or did you download it from another source? Just checking.

Could you please run the following command, and send me off-list the
generated cygcheck.out file?

$ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out

This will allow me to inspect details of your Cygwin installation and of
your Windows environment.

As an alternative to sending me files off-list, I am beginning to think
it would be appropriate for you (if you wish to do so) to fill the bug
submission form on the gEDA bug submission page, and attach the files there:

Cesar