Re: gEDA-user: split plane gaps

On 22 Aug 2006 12:34:34 -0400, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For 8 mil rules, what's a good gap between +5v and ground polys, when
you have both on the same side?  I'm waffling between 10 mils (closest
to 8 while still being a multiple of 5 for the grid) or 25 (my usual
grid setting, and a little "safer" but I can't prove it).

Unless the board is sparsely populated I usually do 10mils (closest to 8 while still being a multiple of 5).

A rule of thumb that I read in a Littelfuse app-note was to leave 18mils for 1KV
isolation on an outer layer.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org