Re: gEDA-user: CD ISO install Issues

Peter,

Thanks!  That's a great idea!  Any reason why I shouldn't include /root on that partition as well?

AB

Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 29 August 2006 14:51, Arthur Baldwin wrote:

> ok...here are the details. I'm using the Fedora Core 5 distro with all the
> latest patches applied to all apps, kernel, etc. The kernel version is
> 2.6.17-2174smp. The version of Guile that I currently have installed
> (after attempting to update again after installing gEDA) is labeled as
> "5:1.6.7-6.i386". Here is a "cut and paste of the error message that
> PgAdmin3 gives me in a terminal window attempt to launch it:
>
> [arthur@in ~]$ pgadmin3
> Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
> detected. The library used 2.6 (no debug,Unicode, compiler with C++ ABI
> 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4), and your program used 2.6 (no
> debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with
> 2.2,compatible with 2.4). Aborted.
>
> This began happening as a direct result of installing gEDA only. I'm about
> ready to back up all my work and reinstall FC5 from scratch.

Before doing so, investigate the possibilities around rpm -i --replacepkgs

If you are going to reinstall, though, I would recommend making /home a
separate partition. It makes upgrades/reinstalls much easier.

Peter

--
Fisher Society publicity officer http://tinyurl.com/o39w2
CUSBC novices, match and league secretary http://tinyurl.com/mwrc9

v3sw6YChw7$ln3pr6$ck3ma8u7+Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Gb8en6g6Pa2Xs5Mr4p4
hackerkey.com