Re: gEDA-user: 0201 photo

On Aug 31, 2006, at 11:36 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
The 01005's show up today.  I'll post photos when I get a chance.
Then I've got to verify all my footprints, and try to home-brew a
prototype board to test the circuit to see if it works (no sense
sending out a hundred defective kits!).  *Then* I'll send the panel
out to be fabbed.

Sounds like a good plan.

The smallest discretes I've been comfortable with thus far has been
0603.  I may be crazy but I'm looking forward to trying my hand at
these itty bitty parts.

Well, the whole point of the challenge is to give folks a test-drive with various size parts, to see what they're comfortable with and capable of. That's why I'm trying to keep the price at the "disposable" level ;-)

This also sounds good. I'd like to get in on this...Was there a "sign up" event that I missed?

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL