Re: gEDA-user: PCB feature

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 07:54:31PM +0200, joel silvestre wrote:
> is there a way to do something like " interactive placement " with PCB ?
> You type the element reference and the element comes under the mouse
> cursor ready to be placed.
> I saw this in a old PCB CAD software named Tango and it was great to
> work with, especially with high count component schematic.

I've been thinking about a "PCB Tetris" plugin (or possibly it will have
to be a HID change).  It would use the SmartDisperse() algorithm (or one
yet smarter) to choose a part order and just start feeding you parts.
If you didn't want to place a particular part you could push it to the
back, or force it to recalculate from any new starting part.  You'd see
a window showing you the sequence of parts as it was going to feed them
to you...

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>