Re: gEDA-user: Bug in cvs pcb concerning polygons

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 12:20:49AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > It's caused by some non-clearing traces (probably accidental) drawn
> > on the GND layer just to the "south" of U300.
>
> If you mean the 0.04 mil lines, those are intentional.  I was trying
> to use them to cut a hole in the ground plane under the crystal
> circuit.  They clear polys, but have a negative keepaway.  The end
> result is supposed to be a clean hole in the copper, but it kept
> crashing.

Even if I fatten them up, you don't seem to have completed an outline
in that area.

I don't think making a few-unit wide clear is going to work very well.
The LinePoly code is going to make a polygon with several degenerate
segments.

You can just make a 'normal' width line of at least a few mil and set
the clearance to 0 to get the effect you want.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>